What is LAFTA?
Founded in 1995, Louisville Area Fiber and Textile Artists (LAFTA) is an anization of visual artists whose work encompasses a variety of surface design and construction techniques, focusing on fibers, textiles and beads.
Our mission is to provide support to our members and to increase community awareness of fiber and textile art.
- Monthly meeting at Crane House, 1244 S. Third Street, Louisville, KY 40203. This will be a “meet-the-artist” program featuring the work of Ruchi Malhotra who will be focusing her remarks on basic principles of textile design.
- Gather at 6:00 p.m. to socialize; meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. Parking may be limited so consider car pooling with your LAFTA neighbors. Please save any grab-bag items for the May meeting.
- Monthly meeting at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 2822 Frankfort Ave., Louisville.
- Presentation of the results from the Kerr Grabowski workshop.
- Bring items for grab bag and show and tell.